A vintage snowmobile was stripped, power-washed and placed on the frozen Houghton Canal in February 2017.
Predict when the sled falls through the ice during the spring melt and win the Grand Prize.
The person who guesses closest to the date and time will be the Grand Prize winner and receive 50% of the net sales up to $1000! This fundraiser will support Houghton Rotary’s scholarship program and other community activities.
Sink the Sled Details
This is a raffle to predict when a snowmobile (sled) falls through the ice during spring melt in Houghton, Michigan; therefore the exact time and date are unknown. Participants submit estimates with their guess(es) of when the snowmobile will fall through the ice. The guess closest to the actual date and time will win 50% or the entries up to $1000.
- Our sled is eco-friendly. It has been stripped and power-washed.
- All entries must be submitted by April 15, 2017. Entries received after this date will be considered a donation to the Houghton Rotary Scholarship fund.
- If the snowmobile falls through the ice before April 15, 2017 the guess closest to the actual date will be the winner.
- The day and time of the sinking will be determined by web cam video.
- If a clear date and time cannot be identified, a decision will be made by the Houghton Rotary Sink the Sled Committee with data available to the best of their abilities.
- If the sled does not fully submerge, a decision will be made by the Houghton Rotary Sink the Sled Committee with data available to the best of their abilities.
- Participants can submit multiple entries.
- This is a fundraiser. The decision of the Houghton Rotary Sink the Sled Committee will be final.
- Houghton Rotary is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets.
- Houghton Rotarians are not eligible to win.
- Participants can guess as many times as they want. Guesses are $5 for one or 3 for $10.
Purchase your tickets and submit your guesses!
Service Above Self